Indian Vegetarian Recipes
Methi Mangodi :
Ingredients used :
- 1 bunch methi leaves (fenugreek leaves), chopped
- 1/2 cup moong dal mangodi, crushed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 teaspoons ginger-green chilli paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander (dhania) powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup curds, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons oil
- salt to taste
1. Add salt and ½ teaspoon turmeric
powder to the methi leaves and keep aside for 5 minutes. Squeeze out all
the water and wash the methi leaves very well. Keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin
3. When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-green chilli
paste and stir for a few seconds.
4. Add the mangodi and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add the methi and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes
over a slow flame.
6. Add the coriander powder, milk, curds, sugar, ½
teaspoon of turmeric powder, salt and ½ cup of water and bring
to a boil while stirring continuously.
7. Pressure cook for 1 to 2 whistles or until the mangodis
are soft and cooked.
8. Serve hot.
Preparation Time : 10 mins.
Cooking Time : 25 mins.